This release comes exactly one year since our initial Early Access release on March 31 2020, and we have been pushing hard as we have through this whole year to celebrate the occasion with another major update!
Unfortunately some of the new features and core developments we had hopes to wrap in time for this update didn´t quite make it in time, but the work obviously isn´t lost – while this update isn´t quite the beefed up step we had hoped to deliver, our users can still look forward to these valuable developments making into the game in the coming weeks and months.
Our March update still packs a good punch with another sizeable list of improvements & fixes, additional layouts for the Historic Jacarepagua circuit, and a new historical class – the Formula Retro Generation 2, featuring the iconic Lotus 79!
The most significant physics development in this update is the substantial reduction of driveline friction levels, resulting improved functionality in LSD cars, better driveability and slightly higher top speeds. The default preload and ramp angles have been adjusted for most cars, so setup resets on cars with LSD is recommended.
Championship Mode has also received an important update in preparation for the Custom Championship feature, as now players are able to have up to four championship seasons in progress. A batch of new championship options will be added in an complementary update before the weekend. Custom championship itself is still under development for additional features and has been pushed to May.
We´ll share a bit more details about the ongoing developments in this update and upcoming ones in our upcoming Development Update.
- Added F-Retro Gen2 Series (featuring Lotus 79 & generic F-Retro Gen2 Model1)
- Added more Jacarepagua Historical layouts (2005, Oval, Sul, Stock Car Roval)
- Reduced Multiplayer safe join buffer time in practice / qualifying from 180 to 90 seconds
- Added option to set maximum limit on the number of AI in official championships
- Fixed GT1 Championship lap length race sessions incorrectly treated as timed sessions
UI & HUD
- Updated HUD (will reset customizations): Restyled car info and added vehicle damage widget; Restyled tacho unit
- Added hints and tips to loading screens.
- Added warning to opponent settings screen when the number of opponents is grater than the number of available liveries
- Fixed championship AI aggression input not clamping to correct range
- Increased loading screen tip refresh time to 20s
- Added ‘Wheel Only’ option to ‘Display Cockpit And Driver’ setting
- Added extra vehicle info to Vehicle Selection screen informing availability of tire compounds, DRS, boost, adjustable turbo, adjustable onboard brake bias & roll bars, head lights, pit limiter on the currently selected vehicle (accuracy of current info pending further revisions)
- Restyled Race and Test Day settings screens
- Fixed untranslated ‘Opponent Aggression’ label on opponent settings screens
PHYSICS & FFB
- Fixed FFB pulling to the left under braking or to the right on power (FWD vehicles only)
- Substantial reduction of friction levels for various wheel bearing models for reduced overall driveline losses, improved functionality in LSD cars, better handling entering & exiting corners, better driveability under traction and slightly higher top speeds
- Adjusted default preload and ramp angles in most LSD cars (setup reset recommended)
- Updated engine torque / power curves to suit new wheel bearing values
- GT / Stock / Proto / wet tire wear adjustments
- Adjusted F-Retro, F-Ultimate, F-Classic, F-V12, V-V10, F-Reiza, F-Ultimate tire carcass inflation shape
- Slightly steeper engine compression curve for Cosworth 1974 engine in F-Retros
- Slightly higher wear rate for soft compound in GT3 / P1
- Minor rear wing efficiency adjustment for F-Retros
- Revised aero drag in formula cars
- Added customized values for tire pre-conditioning per car (replacing old global function)
- Increased damage rate for grinding & clutchless shifts in manual boxes
- Adjusted StockV8 2020/2021, Montana, F-Retro, Omega StockCar, Mini UK aero yaw sensitivity
- Disabled onboard roll bars in GT5, GT4, GT3, F-Retro Gen1, F-Reiza, F-Ultimate
- Disabled redundant turbo range in Hot Cars / Copa Classic cars
- Lowered Opala CoG height; stiffened suspension rates to minimise issues with lifting inside wheels
- Minor adjustments to H-pattern gearbox syncro parameters
- Increased range of AI performance & some initial customization per series
- AI Callibration pass to account for new AI range parameters & new driveline physics update
- Slightly increased AI prudence against human drivers
- AI aggression is now scaled down during in/out laps of practice & qualifying sessions
- Fixed issue with AI skill range at extreme ends of the scale and effective lower cap of 84% in multiplayer
- Fixed bug where the AI skill from personality wouldn’t load properly in first session (leading to reduced spread of performance)
- Weather, climate & HDR revisions for more consistency across the daytime and weather variants
- Minor adjustments to weather and climates for clouds & HDR behaviour
- Increased maximum render distance for far terrain at higher graphics settings
- Spa-Francorchamps: Fixed bad bumps at the outside run-off of Pouhon and Fagnes; Minor art & performance pass
- Jacarepagua Historic: Reduced road mesh noise; Minor art & optimization pass
- Interlagos Historic: Reduced road mesh noise; Increased poly density for outer link road
- Hockenheim: Reduced road mesh noise for all Historic layouts
- Cascais: Fixed fix flipped armco at T9
- Goiania: Updated trackside data
- Revised default date for all tracks
- Added VR cams for Campo Grande, Cascavel, Snetterton, Curitiba, Londrina
- Minor art pass to Hockenheim Historic layouts
- Minor art passes to Jacarepagua and Spielberg
- Adjusted LOD settings for wheel and tires in open wheel cars to avoid gaps between transitions at lower detail levels
- Fixed dark external mirrors in several formula cars
- Corrected suspension animation to account for camber settings in F-Vintage cars, F-Classic Gen3, F-V10 Gen2
- Sigma P1: Fixed glitch on cockpit front end
- F-Trainer and F-Trainer Advanced: Fixed suspension artifacts on cockpit view; Added missing chassi parts to cockpit view; Fixed chassi parts misplacement in LodA.
- F-Vintage: Fixed engine damage issue
- Chevette: Fixed cockpit red paint issue