Before I started working on real full size sheets of MDF, I thought I’d cut all the parts out using cardboard first. I cut 3 8×4 sections from an old cardboard box and proceeded to cut out all the sections detailed in the plans. Then I started to cello tape them together. I am really glad I did this part as it gave me a clear idea of how the sections were supposed to go together. It can be trickier than you think! I recommend you do this stage. Here’s a picture of my finished model
(Edit 2021: Image no longer available).
I actually made this before I even bought the MDF so I wouldn’t be tempted.