MAME Cabinet #26

My Marquee retainer arrived from Happ Controls. I’m not quite sure how to fix it on yet, but until I get my marquee sign made I’m not going to worry about it too much.

I also ordered some spare buttons and a replacement switch for one of my joysticks as one of them had lost the little lever. I’ve spent quite a bit of time recently configuring the computer and I’m fairly pleased with it now. I have tried several front ends over the course of this projects and initially I wanted everything to run from DOS. However, after hours and hours of frustration (mainly with AdvanceMAME) I have given in and I’m now running under Windows 98. Fortunately, I’ve got rid of the Windows boot up logo and replaced it with a nicely animated MAME one and I’ve also got it booting straight into my frontend. I’ve finally settled for MameWah as a frontend since it proved to be the easiest to get working with my TV setup. You can also easily shut down Windows from within the frontend. I highly recommend it!

Now that’s all working nicely, my next task is to drill some holes in the plexiglass I bought to cover the control panel. Well, that’s tomorrow taken care of!