MAME Cabinet #06

Moving on, I installed the top back section and the top itself. The angled back section was going to require cutting the edges at a 45 degree angle. Since I hadn’t figure out how I was going to do that yet I installed the speaker panel first.

After many trials and head scratching I manage to cut some 45 degree angles of the edges of the angled back section by positioning it at a 45 degree angle using a couple of supports and then using the circular saw to trim the edge. Probably not the best or safest way but it was all I could think of! Worked out pretty well and I secured it in place. Here’s a couple of pictures of this stage.

(Edit: Pictures no longer available)

It’s really starting to look like an arcade cabinet now and I have to say, I’m rather impressed with it myself! Can’t wait to play on it.